Skip to main content
How to draw up
a contract for water

In Cyprus, the new real estate owner or tenant should draw up a water contract in their own name to have the proof of address and be aware of your actual water consumption.
First of all, the debts for water before the ownership of the real estate or leasing should be paid by the previous owner or tenant.

Be sure that the water supply metering device is working properly and save the meter’s readings.

The water supply in Cyprus is handled by Waterboard. All customers should contact the branch in their home area to re-issue the contract in their own names.

To transfer the contract, the tenant should provide the following documents:

  • Identity card or passport
  • Lease Agreement
  • Deposit 

When the owner wants to transfer electricity in  their name, they must bring the following documents:

  • Purchase Agreement or Title Deeds
  • Identity card or passport
  • Deposit 

For third-country nationals, the deposit for the tenants will be 250 EUR, and for the owners - only 50 EUR. However, the deposit may differ depending on the policies of individual cities and regions.

The procedure of transferring is free of charge.