Skip to main content
How to draw up
a contract for electricity

In Cyprus, the new real estate owner or tenant should draw up a electricity contract in their own name to have the proof of address and be aware of the actual electricity consumption.

First of all, the debts for electricity that were before the date of ownership of the real estate or leasing should be paid by the previous owner or tenant.

Ensure that the electricity supply metering device is working properly and save the meter’s readings.

You should go to one of the offices of The Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) in your city to transfer the electricity contract.

When the tenant wants to transfer electricity in his name, they must bring the following documents:

  • Lease Agreement
  • Identity card or passport
  • Deposit

When the owner wants to transfer electricity on his name, he must bring the following documents:

  • Purchase Agreement or Title Deeds
  • Identity card or passport
  • Deposit (The owners are charged on the first bill)

For both variants, a deposit will be necessary.

The deposit depends on the status of the customer - whether they are an EU citizen or not. For example,  third-country nationals who are tenants will pay 350 EUR, while owners only 50 EUR.

The procedure of transferring is free.